Web Test Engineer
Vector Media Group
New York City, New York. United States
Vector Media Group is looking for a full-time Web Test Engineer in the NYC area to join our team immediately.
You’ll be working closely with our other fantastic front-end and backend developers during every phase of your projects. You’ll be working on a number of projects at any time; typically one large application and a few smaller projects to keep things fresh.
- Write scripted automation tests to ensure quality output and successful delivery of our web applications and mobile apps.
- Utilize our continuous integration and deployment systems to automate as much of the testing process as possible.
- Write user acceptance testing plans that will form the foundation of the development process and ultimate success of our projects.
- Perform manual visual testing of web frontends, comparing those to visual designs and specifications.
- Learn new technologies on the job. We do not specialize in any one language, framework, tool, or methodology – we require our team to be resourceful when it comes to learning about shiny new things.
You may be a great fit for this role if you:
- Have experience with an automated testing framework such as Selenium / Webdriver.
- Can empathize with user needs and assure the quality of the custom solutions that we build and deploy.
- Are an empathetic, caring, and emotionally intelligent human being - code monkeys need-not apply.
Projects you could work on:
Every project is unique, and you'd be working on those that your skills and experience would be best suited for. Here are some examples of projects we've worked on recently so you can get an idea of what we do. We often use Selenium Webdriver, Ghost Inspector, Jenkins, Sketch/Zeplin, InVision, JIRA, and more.
- Automate the HTTP acceptance testing of a REST API with multiple consumers.
- Perform functional user acceptance testing on an enterprise Content Management System with a focus on robust author experience (AX).
- Install automated testing as a required step on a preexisting Jenkins CI deployment pipeline.
- Test multi device compatibility for one of our cross-platform (iOS and Android) Phonegap/Cordova powered mobile apps built with Angular 2 and Ionic.
- Consult with our in-house visual design team on visual specifications or intended behavior of complex interactions/animations.
- Test integrations with our clients 3rd-party tools and services, including eCommerce APIs and ERP systems, marketing automation tools (Pardot, Eloqua, etc.), social media APIs, and any other service that our clients throw at us.
- Lunch paid for by the company, every day, via your own Seamless account.
- Flexible hours.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Retirement plan with company matching.
- Perks and discounts from many stores and services-- cell phone bills, hotels, rental cars, gyms, etc...