Psychology is the science of mind and behaviour. Since the mind is every tester's most important tool and behaviour is the main driver for development, studying psychology should be a natural part of our strive for testing excellence.
In this session, we will look at some psychological subjects with scientific theory accompanied by storytelling from real-life experiences.
Topics covered include:
- Biases and how they can play tricks with our perception
- The effect of personality traits on behaviour and communication
- Why metacognition is important to a tester
- How knowledge of the dual process theory can be useful
- Developing skills by training and education
Hopefully the attendees will learn something new about how the mind works, how it affects our behaviour and how this knowledge can be useful in testing. Also, I hope the people attending will get more interested in the science of psychology.