Quality Assurance Engineer
Veterans United Home Loans
Columbia, Missouri. United States
We are seeking an expert who is experienced in software testing and test automation to help us deliver on our Innovation and Marketing visions. This position is on-site in Columbia, Missouri and will not be originating loans.
Learn more about what it's like to work in Software Services at Veterans United: https://www.veteransunited.com/careers/developers/
- Create test scripts and conduct exploratory, functional, and regression tests for new and updated systems.
- Execute integration, performance, and vulnerability tests based on technical and business needs.
- Work closely with developers to address defects in a timely manner, identify root causes, and determine ways to prevent in the future.
- Collaborate with business experts to define requirements and acceptance criteria, and support UAT.
- Collaborate with teams to identify testing opportunities and understand impact of system changes.
- Identify gaps in test coverage, and make recommendations on priority and how best to fill them.
- Create appropriate test strategies based on risk and feasibility, collaborating with teams and stakeholders to ensure expectations are clear and understood.
- Create, execute, and maintain automated test scripts to meet software release deliverables.
- Lead evaluation and implementation of new QA-related tools and processes.
- Design, implement and educate teams on test automation frameworks and processes.
- Grow teams through knowledge sharing, pairing, and coaching.
- Proactively develop, implement, and refine formal QA methodologies, collaborating among teams.
- Ability to work as part of a self-organizing team where you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with team members rather than waiting for work be assigned to you.
- Stellar attention to detail, and laser focus on delivering results.
- Excellent face-to-face & written communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Hunger and passion to learn and apply new technologies and methods.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Demonstrated experience with building, executing, and maintaining automated tests.
- Experience with scripting or programming languages and/or automated test tools.
- Experience using agile project and bug tracking tools.
- Experience in context-based, exploratory, or scenario testing.
- Experience in an Agile/XP environment, collaborating with programmers and business experts.
- Working knowledge of software development languages and concepts.
- 5-10 years of relevant professional experience, including testing, development, and design.
Veterans United is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer