Accounts Admin (MoneyBoss) - Full Time - Remote
Ministry of Testing
Remote, Remote. United Kingdom
Ministry of Testing is a small, forward thinking and growing company. You can read more about our story here.
We are looking for an experienced accounts admin to manage our day to day finances, supported by our team and our accountants.
The ideal candidate will have a background in finance/bookkeeping, will be self motivated as the position is remote. We require a full time commitment, although we offer reasonable flexibility in working hours. Our ideal person would be seeking a long-term position to grow within the company.
We expect the applicant to be highly competent and organised, web savy, experienced with Xero and have confidence to manage many online transactions and events in different countries.
We sell conferences/training, physical products and software subscriptions.
- Maintain and reconcile our accounting package (Xero).
- Develop our systems and document processes to account for financial transactions.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Prepare and process sales invoices and pursue payments.
- Process receipts and payments (Receipt-Bank)
- Make payments to suppliers (when approved).
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising account information and trends. Specifically prepare and maintain Profit & Loss Reports on our conferences.
- Comply with VAT and finance laws across multiple countries
- Respond and communicate effectively with our team, customers and suppliers.
- Contribute to team effort.
- Deal with financial paperwork and filing.
- Liaise with our accountants/payroll staff, manage PAYE, undertake pay runs.
- Deal with management accounts.
- Credit control.
- General office administration duties as required.
- Previous experience working within a Bookkeeper role or similar.
- Experience with Xero accounting software.
- Web savy. We use Emails. Slack. Google Docs. Dropbox. And more for day to day tasks.
- Excellent telephone manner/communication.
- Organised / Diligent / Process Driven.
- Desire to personally grow and expand.
International Trade Accounting for Events/Conferences (specifically an understanding of VAT return completion in multiple countries for tickets sales/event related costs, that can occur in foreign currencies).
We have multiple systems where financial transactions occur, our core suite is listed to provide a view into the role and that we are web technology based company (Stripe, PayPal, Tito, Shopify).