I've known Amy since her early days at SongKick and I have always been intrigued about how she does testing in a fast paced environment and as the only tester hired within the company. I often look to startups in how they operate, not just in testing, but as a whole business. People who work in these environments often have lots of freedom and respect in the decisions and activities they perform. Whilst startups may fail a lot, they also learn from these failures and the experiments they try.
Because of the above, I believe the testing community can learn a lot on how to improve our craft from the world of startups. And Amy certainly has some great insight into this!
In this podcast we talk about:
- How Amy got the testing process started and the approach she uses
- How important decisions are made
- How Amy gets away with doing less testing
- Teaching the whole team about testing
- The importance of shipping and good enough testing
- Continous Integration and testing