This episode of Testers' Island Discs was supported by TestRail, the test management tool that makes testing simpler - it works the way you test. Learn more and try it for free at www.gurock.com/testrail.
You've heard him name-checked for the past few episodes, so now it's time to hear from the man himself, Danny Dainton! Danny talks to us about his unique journey to the island, including a ten-year spell in the military and a difficult first experience with testing.
We get deep into a technical discussion about how to use the API development/testing tool Postman, and talk more broadly about discovery, applied learning, writing and helping others, including Danny's accolades on Stack Overflow - with some seriously varied songs along the way.
- Postman for QA Teams
- TestBash Brighton 2018: Danny Dainton - Learning to Learn - My Struggles and Successes
- YouTube: Jim Carrey's parody of Danny's first song choice
- Neil Studd: Practical Automation: Cinema listings to my inbox
- Paw - API testing tool for Mac
- GitHub: Postman Labs
- YouTube: C'etait un rendez-vous - French short film
- Chai Assertion Library (used for tests in Postman)
- Danny Dainton: Hold on, wait a moment... (moment.js)
- Postman: Integration with Jenkins
- Postman: Command line integration with Newman
- Stack Overflow: Danny Dainton's profile
- Chrome Web Store: Advanced REST Client
- Neil Studd: Creating my first Slack bot with Heroku
- Danny Dainton: Hipchat Custom Commands - Continually Improving our processes!
- Ministry of Testing Dojo: Neil Studd: Supercharging Your Bug Reports
- POST/CON Postman user conference
- GitHub Blog: A bright future for GitHub (acquisition announcement)
- Microsoft Blog: Microsoft + GitHub = Empowering Developers
- Meetup.com: South West Test
- TestBash Manchester 2018