Imagine the following scenario.
You have a new commerce platform and you have just proven that it performs just as well as the old one.
As a team you have a goal of selling a certain number of items over a very specific time period and by using the current knowledge and data you have, you confirm this will not be a problem… until you receive a clearer picture of how the data will be structured and it becomes clear within 10 seconds that the system will not scale as expected.
- Why did we need performance testing and how it helped us
- What are different types of performance tests we chose to employ
- Why we learned to vary our performance testing strategy
- The importance of understanding our production data volumes and throughput
- The importance of understanding our real end-user’s behaviours
All of the above feed into helping you create a performance testing strategy that can not only help you gather information of your system under stress but also help your testing strategy in general.